Do you have something stuck in your teeth, but can’t seem to get it out? Are you using the right dental floss for your teeth? Many people may not realize that not all dental floss tools are the same. There are various kinds, which is why our dentist, Dr. Nagarani Nagarajan with Blakeney Dental in Charlotte, North Carolina, is happy to help you find the right kind of dental floss, so you can keep your smile healthy and in tip-top shape.
Here is some flossing information to help you:
– To avoid using floss string, a water flosser can be used as an alternative tool.
– Never use the same dental floss between more than one tooth. This could lead to contamination.
– Use gentle, soft strokes to clean between your teeth with dental floss.
– Make sure to avoid dental floss products that can easily tear upon use.
– For better oral health care, you should use dental floss every single day.
– Depending on the alignment of your teeth, waxed or unwaxed floss may prove to be more beneficial than the other.
– Various products can be used to clean between your teeth. Speak with your dentist about which products work best for you.
No matter which kind of dental floss you use, the critical thing to remember that flossing is essential to your oral health. Picking floss that works for you can help improve your oral health. However, any dental floss is better than no dental floss at all. If you have questions or would like to make an appointment, please call us at 704-541-8600. We are happy to take your call.